November 05, 2011

Choosing Your Wedding Songs

Compiling a list of songs for your wedding can be extremely difficult. If you’re anything like me, you want them to be timeless classics but more often than not these are the types of songs that you don’t listen to everyday so it can be hard to remember them all.

For my wedding I want the songs that take me on a journey back to my most precious memories. Back to those Sunday mornings as a child when my dad use to rock out to Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix and Bob Dylan and back to those lazy summer days with my significant other. I want the songs to represent who we are and where we have come from...music is just so good at communicating that. And as a commemorative token of the big day, I am going to put all of the songs into a booklet printing, complete with a cute personal business card to give to our guests.

You also want the music you choose to resonate with your guests and at that pivotal moment get them out of their seats and onto the dance floor. So, here’s some of the songs I have chosen for my upcoming wedding – I hope it helps you to compile your own list.

1. ‘Let’s get it on’ – Marvin Gaye
2. ‘Wonderful tonight’ – Eric Clapton
3. ‘This will be (an everlasting love’) – Natalie Cole
4. ‘More than words’ – Extreme
5. ‘Building a Mystery’ – Sarah McLachlan
6. ‘You’re the first, the last, my everything’ – Barry White
7. ‘I’ll be there’ – The Jackson 5
8. ‘Here comes the sun’ – The Beatles
9. ‘Endless love’ - Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie
10. ‘Secret Garden’ – Bruce Springsteen
11. ‘Amazing’ – Alex Lloyd
12. ‘Best of my love’ – The Emotions
13. ‘Tiny dancer’ – Elton John
14. ‘Just the way you are’ – Billy Joel
15. ‘Piano man’ – Billy Joel
16. ‘The first time ever I saw your face’ – Roberta Flack
17. ‘You are the sunshine of my life’ – Stevie Wonder
18. ‘You are so beautiful’ – Joe Cocker
19. ‘Words of love’ – The Beatles
20. ‘This old love’ – Lior
21. ‘Weather with you’ – Crowded House
22. ‘Like a rolling stone’ – Bob Dylan
23. ‘Light my fire’ – The Doors
24. ‘Hello I love you’ – The Doors
25. ‘Love her madly’ – The Doors
26. ‘Have I told you lately that I love you’ – Van Morrison
27. ‘Days like these’ – Van Morrrison
28. ‘Crazy love’ – Bob Dylan and Van Morrison
29. ‘Hold me, thrill me, kiss me’ – Gloria Estefan
30. ‘It’s a beautiful day’ – U2
31. ‘Every breath you take’ – The Police
32. ‘In the name of love’ – U2
33. ‘I need a dollar’ – Aloe Blacc
34. ‘In the summertime’ – Mungo Jerry
35. ‘When you’re smiling’ – Louis Armstrong
36. ‘What a wonderful world’ – Louis Armstrong
37.‘Non je ne regrette rien Olympia’ -
Isabelle Boulay
37. ‘One love’ – Bob Marley
38. ‘L-O-V-E’ – Frank Sinatra
39. ‘Fly me to the moon’ – Frank Sinatra
40. ‘Red red wine’ –UB40
41. ‘On my mind’ – Donovan Frankenreiter
42. ‘Rodeo clowns’ – Donovan Frankenreiter, Jack Johnson, G Love
43. ‘Better together’ – Jack Johnson
44. ‘Let it be’ – Paul McCartney
45. ‘You shook me all night long’ – ACDC
46. ‘Sweet child of mine’ – Guns and Roses
47. ‘Heard it through the grapevine’ – Credence
48. ‘Proud mary’ – Credence
49. ‘How sweet it is to be loved by you’ – Marvin Gaye
50. ‘Baby love’ – The Supremes
51. ‘Ain’t no sunshine’ – Bill Withers
52. ‘Wonderwall’ – Oasis
53. ‘Hard knock life’ – Jay Z
54. ‘Doo-Woop’ – Lauren Hill
55. ‘On and on’ – Erykah Badu
/image: clipartoday.com/
Search Term :

3 comments:

cerita rakyat said...

i like Endless love song from Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie..
it's so romantic :)

vanken said...

its verry important...right song song make the ceremony more life..

Vainit said...

Nice post friend
Follow success dont forget to following me :)
http://vainit.blogspot.com/